Application from non-EU-countries
The University of Applied Sciences, Hochschule Niederrhein (HN) has changed the application procedure for foreign students.
All applications of interested students, who have not the nationality from a country within the European Union (EU), Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway will be pre-checked by uni-assist. More exceptions are listed below.
Please register yourself under the following link, fill in the online application form and send a hard copy directly to the uni-assist address given below.
(You will find the HN under Krefeld, Hochschule Niederrhein.)
Application for the Winter Semester 2014/15
The application for the winter semester 2014/15 is possible now.
Along with the application form, please submit a copy of the following documents:
- Your school-leaving certificate (officially-authenticated copy)
- Your current university degree certificate - including the overview over all subjects (officially-authenticated copy)
- The grading system of your university (officially-authenticated copy)
- Your APS document, if you come from China, Mongolia or Vietnam (original)
- Possibly: Proof of degree-course related practical activities (copies)
- Proof of the required language certificates or the registration for the language test (officially-authenticated copy)
- Proof of the "application allowance" (e. g. copy of the marriage certificate and copy of the passport of the spouse)
The proof of language skills or possibly internships / work experience, must have been presented by the matriculation date at the latest.
Please note that we can only accept officially-authenticated documents issued in Germany by institutions which hold an official seal, such as official offices, churches or universities.
Official authentications issued abroad must be carried out in accordance with the current official guidelines; e. g. by embassies or notary publics.
Please also note that the application documents must always be submitted in the original language along with an officially-authenticated translation, if the original language is not German or English.
In addition to the application to uni-assist, applicants for the following degree programmes are required to take an examination at the Hochschule Niederrhein determining their artistic-creative aptitude:
uni-assist must have received your application (post receipt)
by 15 July for the winter semester
by 15 January for the summer semester.
We strongly recommend applying at least 6 weeks before the specified date, so that there is enough time to settle any issues that may arise.
The examination of your documents by uni-assist is not free of charge. However, please note that you are able to apply to several universities at the same time with only one set of application documents (if those universities are members of uni-assist).
Please note that the Hochschule Niederrhein cannot cover the application costs for you. Therefore, please transfer the specified amount on the same day, on which you send your application to uni-assist, and please include a copy of the payment slip, such as a money or bank order.
After your application and the payment have been duly received, uni-assist will check your documents and inform you about the result.
If you meet the formal requirements, your application will be forwarded to the Hochschule Niederrhein for a final evaluation. The university (HN) will inform you, if an enrolment in the intended degree programme is possible.
If you fail to meet the formal requirements, unfortunately your documents cannot be sent back to you.
Please note that uni-assist will digitally store your data for four years. During this time, the data will only be made available to the universities you have chosen. After this deadline, the data will be destroyed.
- who gained their university entrance qualification in Germany or at a school where the school-leaving qualification is in accordance with the German Abiturpr√ľfungsordnung (German ‚ÄúAbitur‚ÄĚ Examination Regulations),
- who hold the nationality of a country within the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway,
- who live in Germany and whose spouse / parent holds a European nationality and works in Germany,
- who have already gained a university degree in Germany,
apply, just like German applicants, online and directly to the Hochschule Niederrhein. The application period starts in mid-March or mid-November, respectively. The printed application form has to be sent to the Hochschule Niederrhein along with the application documents mentioned above.
Foreign students who are already studying at a German university and would like to change to the Hochschule Niederrhein in a higher semester should get in contact beforehand.
Even if you already have applied at uni-assist for studies at Hochschule Niederrhein before, you will have to apply again.
Should you have applied within the last year, you are able to create a new online-application in your old account. Then you can send the printed out online-application together with the proof of payment to uni-assist. In this situation you do not have to send documents again which you sent to uni-assist before.
Verena HolzkiMember of the International Office Registration and Advice for foreign applicants wishing to study a Bachelor's or Master's programme
Telephone: +49 (0)2151 822-2735
Fax: +49 (0)2151 822-2798
Room: A E05b