This principle applies in particular to the subject of research at a university of applied sciences. Research at the Hochschule Niederrhein is application based; researchers always have the immediate benefit of their findings in mind. For the university's cooperation partners - companies, organisations, social institutions - the results of this research offer real competitive and locational advantages.
The Research and Transfer Management Unit II at the Hochschule Niederrhein enables the research professors at the Hochschule Niederrhein to focus fully on their work.
The tasks of the Research and Transfer Department encompass the following key areas:
- Support of the researchers of the Hochschule Niederrhein in grant-funded and contract research
- Contract management and practical legal advice
- Invention and patent management
- Planning and submission of applications for large cross-border joint projects as well as coordination of existing large-scale projects integrated into Management Unit II
- Transfer of R&D: Making science and research useful for companies