The Hochschule Niederrhein, University of Applied Sciences, (HN) is keenly interested in international collaboration partnerships that are in line with our overall research strategy. We focus our efforts on applied research questions and cooperate with our partners in various national and international research projects. Our excellent relationships with industrial partners and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in particular, as well as with research institutes and other universities, have provided the foundations for many successful projects. The key fields of research of the HN are:
- Functional surfaces
- Social and economic innovations
- Innovative product and process development
- Applied health and food sciences
- IT and logistics concepts
- Energy efficiency
The Research & Transfer Unit offers advice and support to interested researchers at the HN with applications for internationally funded research projects.
The advice and information services include:
- Searching for funding programmes and open calls relevant to the HN
- Assistance in drawing up proposals
- Consultations regarding tender specifications and application conditions
- Project management support involving European and transnational cooperation partners
- Dissemination of information about actual developments regarding international funding schemes (e.g. HorizonEurope)
External research institutes and enterprises seeking potential cooperation partners for national or international research projects are also welcome to contact the Research & Transfer Unit. Whether you are a company planning a European research project or a university that would like to involve the HN in a research project, research network or cluster, we will put you in touch with the relevant experts at the University.