Aim of the degree programme
The English-language Bachelor's degree in Sales and Marketing enables and qualifies students to work in specialist and management roles in sales and marketing in national and international companies, associations, public and similar institutions.
Our modules focus on teaching professional, methodological and social skills in five categories:
- Basic knowledge of business administration
- Key qualifications
- International competence
- Practical projects
After successfully completing the Bachelor's degree in Sales and Marketing (B.A.), our graduates have acquired the following skills and abilities:
- They have learnt how to understand the market and apply this knowledge with an approach that is geared to both customers and competitors.
- They are able to analytically describe problems that are relevant to sales and marketing even in complex contexts and also how to develop effective strategic and operative measures.
- They can identify the underlying sales and marketing problems and apply sales and marketing tools to formulate sales and marketing strategies.
- They are able to work in teams, solve conflicts with a result-oriented focus, meet deadlines, work on solutions independently and present them in a convincing manner.
- They are able to speak English and one other language fluently and use them effectively in a business environment.
- They are able to work and communicate successfully in the digital world.
Content and structure of the degree programme
The degree programme is full-time and the standard time to degree is six semesters with a total workload of 180 ECTS. The fifth semester includes a compulsory mobility window abroad, either as a course of studies or as an internship. At the end of the programme students are awarded a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) qualification.
Within the basic business administration framework, students also acquire knowledge of sales, marketing, economics, statistics, controlling and purchasing. This knowledge enables students to independently carry out assignments and simulations in their practical project and also to work successfully in a team.
In addition to specialist and technical knowledge, soft skills are also taught and trained. The programme enables students to develop, structure, present and constructively discuss substantive positions and at the same time to develop their social awareness and commitment.
The digital working module ensures students are tech-savvy and have a confident command of standard and supplementary tools for collaboration such as Zoom or eduVote, and gives them the personal competence that enables them to communicate effectively on digital platforms.
The language profile of the students is supplemented by the language option module, and the internationality of the students is also promoted.
International students have the opportunity to acquire German language skills in three semesters.
During their mandatory period of study abroad, students develop international competence and also train their independence. Students decide for themselves whether they want to spend a semester abroad or complete an international internship.
The teaching and learning forms of the Sales and Marketing B.A. programme are founded on the problem-based learning approach, whereby students have to find solutions to given problems as independently as possible.
Most modules are held in groups of up to 35 students to encourage active learning in small groups.
The regular communication with lecturers helps students to become independent and encourages them to actively participate in and contribute to the course.