Textile and Clothing Management (B.Sc.)
The long-standing trend of producing textiles abroad or, alternatively, of buying the goods abroad to market these in Germany has resulted in industry having an ever greater demand for graduates who possess the interfacial skills and competencies needed and, plus the required English language skills.
This international degree programme consists of seven academic semesters. Each semester is subdivided into modules from the following fields: textiles and clothing, the natural sciences trade and commerce, and management. The degree programme is completed with an 8-week internship which the students do in a company, followed by the production of a Bachelor's thesis.
Students acquire comprehensive knowledge and insights in the field of textile and clothing technology and gain important management and leadership qualifications. They also acquire cross-disciplinary problem-solving competencies and optimised language skills by attending courses and internships taught in English. The programme additionally gives them an insight into various foreign mentalities, as well as intercultural knowledge.
- Textile Technology Fundamentals
- Communication and Project Management
- Economics and Business Administration
- Human Resources Management and Law
- Accounting and Financial Controlling
- Clothing Technology
- Computer Applications
- Quality and Environmental Management
- Marketing and Logistics
- General higher education entrance qualification (University or University of Applied Sciences), previous qualifications recognised as equivalent, or an entrance qualification certificate known as the: "Zugangsprüfungsnachweis"
- Proof of English language skills Common European Framework Level B2 (CEF)
- Proof of having done a special internship of 8 weeks in total, to be completed by the start of the 3rd semester.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Faculty Textile and Clothing Technology will implement new examination regulations for winter semester 2017/18. In these there is no industrial internship necessary any more.
Language of Instruction: Englisch
Degree: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
Additional Information: consecutive Master's course Management of Textile Trade and Technology
Our subject adviser will be pleased to provide you with further information:
Bettina Hansmeier, Dipl.-Des.Assistant to the Dean
Telephone: +49 (0)2161 186-6021
Telefax: +49 (0)2161 186-6013
Room: G E18 (1102)