Application from EU-countries, other exceptions
- who gained their university entrance qualification in Germany or at a school where the school-leaving qualification is in accordance with the German Abiturprüfungsordnung (German “Abitur” Examination Regulations),
- who hold the nationality of a country within the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway,
- who live in Germany and whose spouse / parent holds an European nationality and works in Germany,
- who have already gained an university degree in Germany,
apply, just like German applicants, online and directly to the University of Applied Sciences, Hochschule Niederrhein (HN).
Please submit a copy of the following documents to the HN after the online-application:
- Your school-leaving certificate (officially-authenticated copy)
- Possibly: Your current university certificates (degree certificate / overview over all subjects and grades, grading system of the university - officially-authenticated copy)
- Your APS document, if you come from China, Mongolia or Vietnam (original)
- Possibly: Proof of degree-course related practical activities (copies)
- Proof of the required language certificates or the registration for the language test (copy)
Proof of the "application allowance" (e. g. copy of the marriage certificate and copy of the passport of the spouse)
The proof of language skills or possibly internships / work experience, must have been presented by the matriculation date at the latest.
Please note that we can only accept officially-authenticated documents issued in Germany by institutions which hold an official seal, such as official offices, churches or universities.
Official authentications issued abroad must be carried out in accordance with the current official guidelines; e. g. by embassies or notary publics.
Please also note that the application documents must usually be submitted in the original language along with an officially-authenticated translation, if the original language is not German or English.
Fatima El BaghdadiMember of the International Office Registration Advice for foreign applicants wishing to study a Bachelor's or Master's programme
Telephone: +49 (0)2151 822-2735
Fax: +49 (0)2151 822-2798
Office hours: 10 - 12 AM and 1 - 2 PM
Room: A E05b