Core Study Areas
- Medical principles
- Information systems and technologies in the public health system and Biomedical Engineering
- Scientific-technical principles in the public health system
- Business Administration qualifications
- Interdisciplinarity: Technical core area against a background of medical and business administration questions in the public health system
- Process Design in the public health system
- Information Technology
- Information systems in the public health system
- Technology and Diagnostics in the public health system
- Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Ethics and Data Protection
- Economics and Politics in the public health system
- Clinical Medicine
- Business Administration Theory
- Management Theory
The degree programme is of modular structure. It encompasses a total of 18 modules with defined objectives and thematic fields. Each module or sub-module ends with an examination after one or two semesters. Students in the sixth semester are required to complete a twelve-week practical phase.
Together with the theoretical structural knowledge gained in the natural sciences, information technology, public health and business administration subjects in the first few semesters (including, inter alia, Commercial Mathematics, Cost Accounting) the students are prepared for applying their knowledge and know-how methodologically and systematically to practice-orientated problems. To achieve this, the career-field relevant basic knowledge is taught under consideration of the interfaciallyrelated competences.
After graduating from their studies, the graduates are able to solve business-related problems with scientifically-based methods. In IT departments or IT companies and businesses, they will become much sought-after colleagues with their interfacial knowledge composed of IT, Medicine and Business Administration and will head and carry out IT projects.
Alternatively, they can take up a consecutive postgraduate degree programme leading to a Master of Science in Health Care Management at the Hochschule Niederrhein or take up another Master's degree programme.