The Hochschule Niederrhein is able to award a limited amount of Study Completion Grants/Scholarships within the scope of the STIBET Programme for students from Non-EU countries. The financial resources are provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and funded by the Federal Foreign Office.
These financial resources are additionally complemented by "Matching Funds" co-financed by the Catholic University Community Krefeld and the DAAD.
The Study Completion Grants/Scholarships aim to give international students who have achieved good academic results, but find themselves in a difficult financial situation, assistance in the final phase of their studies.
Amount of funding:
Scholarships/grants of 250 and 500 Euros. Maximum in total: 1.500 Euros
Member of a Non-EU country
- 70 % of the CP in a Bachelor’s degree programme (126 out of 180 or 147 out of 210), 66 % in a Master’s degree programme
- Good academic results
- difficult financial situation (less than 735 Euro per month)
Please hand in your application at least one week before the selection meeting:
- 15 February
- 15 April
- 15 July
- 15 September
- 15 October
- 15 November
Please submit the following documents together at the International Office. Only fully completed application forms can be considered:
- Antrag Studienabschluss-Stipendium (on the right-hand side, under Downloads – only available in German)
- Statusbogen/Transcript of records
- Bank statements for the last three months
After the selection meeting, the International Office will advise you of the result of your application.