The Hochschule Niederrhein, University of Applied Sciences is able to award a limited number of graduation scholarships within the STIBET program for students from non-EU countries. The STIBET program is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with funds from the German Foreign Office (AA).
For 2022, only limited funds from STIBET I are available. Applications are open twice a year.
The Study Completion Grants/Scholarships aim to give international students who have achieved good academic results, but find themselves in a difficult financial situation, assistance in the final phase of their studies.
Amount of funding:
Maximum of 6 months; maximum scholarship: 1,500 euros.
Requirements for application:
- Origin from a non-EU country
- Study progress: Bachelor: 70 % of CP (126 for 180 CP, 147 for a 7-sem. course), Master: 66 % (80 CP or 60 for MTTT or Design)
- Ideally, you have already successfully completed all examinations except for the final thesis; if this is not the case at the time of application, please integrate this into the study plan for your application
- Good academic performance
- difficult financial situation (less than the current BAföG study grant)
Persons with equal status to Germans (e.g. through marriage) and Bafög recipients are generally not eligible for support.
Starting in 2022, the following new application deadlines apply:
- Application deadline in the current summer semester: from March 15 to April 15.
- Application deadline in the current winter semester: from September 15 to October 15
The selection is made by a selection committee and the decision will be announced approximately 3-4 weeks after the deadline.
Please apply only within the specified period.
Please submit the following documents collectively to the International Office currently by email only at:
Only complete application documents can be considered:
1. Application form for a graduation scholarship (see download below)
2. Justification of the application (separate letter, 1 page)
3. Self-written study plan (when will outstanding exams be taken, if applicable? When will the thesis be registered and submitted? If the thesis has already been registered, please submit this proof).
4. Current transcript of grades
5. Bank statements for the last six months (all existing accounts, including blocked accounts)
6. If applicable, other proof (e.g. honorary commitment or similar, if available)
Please send the application in a PDF file, if possible in the above order.
After the meeting of the selection committee, the International Office will inform you about the result of your application approximately 3-4 weeks after the deadline.